Thursday, September 6, 2012

Google hangout..is this the future for home schooling?

After my first live video hangout with other classmates, I could not help but think of ways google hangout can advance home schooling. So, with the internet, computer and a web cam eliminating the need for a classroom, students can have classes in the comfort of their home. This technology is so convenient that, I found myself taking a class discussion while baby sitting my kids too. 

Google hangout enables so many professionals to do what was impossible. This technology can be used by physicians to check on their patients, veterans serving in other countries to connect with family, business meetings and presentations, and virtually any situation where people need to connect.

Google hangout will probably push the classroom to exticnction. Why would students desire to drive to go to class instead of logging onto the computer and take the class. Home schooling will probably be for all age groups. Given the growing numbers of adults going back to school and the schedules that adults have to jugle, online education maybe a popular option. Google hangout comes in as a handy tool for adult learners.

Technology is actually lowering tution costs or eliminating tution costs at all. Please visit the world's first free online university. Click here to access University of the People.

1 comment:

  1. Although I am not too hot on the idea that my job will be lost to advances in technology, I think it is wonderful that this technology is now available for online learners and homeschoolers. I have taken online classes through my local community college and was homeschooled from eighth grade through high school; I can see how this tool could have made instruction less stressful and more efficient. Hangouts can also serve to develop better classroom community in online courses. It certainly seems that online learning is the future of education.

    ReplyDelete